Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Upgrades can be made at with Blacksmith Ed or Blacksmith Boldwin.
- Boss Weapons can only be made by Blacksmith Ed after giving him the Red Hot Demon's Soul from defeating the Flamelurker
- Upgrading weapons in Demon's Souls is a bit more complicated than in later souls games. Each weapon has a standard ore that you use for it's improvement, either Hardstone or Sharpstone. For example, the Uchigatana uses Sharpstone. If you want to take a weapon down a specialty path, you may need to upgrade it a short way first. To make a Quality Uchigatana, you need Clearstone and an Uchigatana+3 meaning it has been upgraded with Sharpstone three times.
- Although they are often the same, the number of upgrades you need to complete before for a transition is allowed can different for each weapon and for each path you choose. Additionally, not all weapons can be transitioned to every option. For example, a Short Sword requires +3 to transition to Crushing but the Great Sword requires +0. Both weapons require +6 to transition to Moon and neither weapon allows Tearing (among others).
- Important Note - The number of upgrades required for a transition is exact. If you upgrade a Short Sword to +4, you cannot transition it to Crushing until you use a Meltstone to return it to +0, then re-upgrade to +3.
|Icon||Prefix||Stone||Upgrade Start||Max Level||Notes|
|N/A||Meltstone||N/A||N/A||Returns upgraded weapons to their original states|
|N/A||Hardstone||+0||+10||Basic upgrade path|
|N/A||Sharpstone||+0||+10||Basic upgrade path|
|Quality||Clearstone||+3||+5||Evens out Strength and Dexterity bonuses|
|Crushing||Greystone||+0 or +3||+5||Increases Strength bonus and eliminates Dexterity bonus|
|Sharp||Bladestone||+0||+5||Increases Dexterity bonus and lowers Strength bonus|
|Dragon||Dragonstone||+3||+5||High base damage, Adds fire damage, removes stat bonuses|
|Tearing||Suckerstone||+0 or +3||+5||Boosts bleed damage, increases Dexterity bonus and lowers Strength bonus|
|Mercury||Mercurystone||+3||+5||Provides a chance to inflict poison on the target|
|Fatal||Marrowstone||+3||+5||Adds critical damage and lowers base damage|
|Moon||Moonlightstone||+6||+5||Adds magic damage to the weapon and the weapon scales with Magic|
|Crescent||Darkmoonstone||+6||+5||Adds magic damage and MP regen and the weapon scales with Magic|
|Blessed||Faintstone||+6||+5||Adds magic damage and HP regen and the weapon scales with Faith. Dexterity and Strength bonuses are lowered but not eliminated|
|Sticky||Spiderstone||+3||+5||Bows only. Greatly increases Dexterity bonus and lowers Strength bonus. Increases range of bow by 5 at +1|
|Dark||Cloudstone||+6||+5||Shields only. Raises Magic Damage Reduction %. Resets Guard Break Reduction to default|
|N/A||Colorless Demon's Souls||+0||+5||Special weapons only. Blacksmith Ed can only perform these after receiving a Red Hot Demon's Soul|