Scirvir, The Wanderer
Scirvir, The Wanderer is a plunderer who entered Boletaria through the fog in hopes of pillaging the riches of the deceased. He's found himself trapped deep within a mineshaft of the Stonefang Tunnel. His search for the Dragon Bone Smasher is outlined when speaking with him.
- World 2-2
- Only appears during World Tendency Events
- To find him, start from the 2-2 Armor Spider Archstone and turn right.
Note - This information was captured directly from the game data. Please note that the stat levels often to not correlate to actual health or performance levels as they would the player due to special effects applied in the background.
|Right Hand 1||Right Hand 2||Left Hand 1||Left Hand 2|
|Short Sword +10||Geri's Stiletto||Talisman of Beasts||-|
|-||Chain Mail||Leather Gloves||Leather Boots|
|Arrow Type||Arrow Number||Bolt Type||Bolt Number|
Ring and Spells
|Ring 1||Ring of Flame Resistance|
|Spell 1||Fire Spray|
Special Effect Multipliers
Special Effect Multipliers are blanket multipliers that are applied to NPCs, including Black Phantoms. For example, if the HP multiplier is "x2", the NPC will have twice the health that the player would have if they had identical stats and equipment. The NPC's attack multipliers are applied before the damage is affected by the player's defenses and resistances. Damage received by the NPC is slightly more complicated. When the player does damage to the NPC, the raw damage is put into a formula and computed against the NPC's resistances. These resistances are multiplied by the values in the Physical/Magic/Fire Defense columns before calculation. After the remaining damage is reduced by resistances, it is then multiplied by the Damage reduction multipliers in the Physical/Magic/Fire Reduction columns. The output damage remaining is the dealt to the NPC.
|Form||HP||MP||Equip Load||Stamina Recovery||Stamina Damage|
|Form||Physical Attack||Magic Attack||Fire Attack|
Damage Reduction and Resistance
|Form||Physical Reduction||Magic Reduction||Fire Reduction||Physical Defense||Magic Defense||Fire Defense|
|Form||Poison Resistance||Plague Resistance||Bleed Resistance|
- NG+ Multipliers are the factors by which an NPC's Special Effect Multipliers are adjusted when entering NG+.
- In NG+, each NPC and stat has a unique adjustment. These values are shown below
- In NG++, all stats are adjusted increased by 7% from the NG+ values.
- In NG+++, all stats are adjusted increased by 10% from the NG+ values.
- In NG++++, all stats are adjusted increased by 14% from the NG+ values.
- In NG+++++, all stats are adjusted increased by 19% from the NG+ values.
|Form||Physical Attack||Magic Attack||Fire Attack|
Damage Reduction and Resistance
|Form||Physical Defense||Magic Defense||Fire Defense|
- Pure White World Tendency
- Pure Black World Tendency
- Appears as a Black Phantom
- Black Phantom Scirvir's Total Vitality: 2068 HP First Playthrough. NG+ 4310
- Black Phantom Scirvir's Total Intelligence: 320 MP
- Drops a Talisman of Beasts if killed
- If the player dies after killing Black Phantom Scirvir and have not picked up the Talisman of Beasts, it will appear at his spawn point after a reload or revisit.
- As a Black Phantom (Pure Black World Tendency)
- Casts Fireball, Fire Spray and Ignite
- Has limited Magic points — dodge his Fireball spell to deplete his Magic points
Block and Counter
This is a straight melee approach, punishing Scirvir with multiple hits. Scirvir deals powerful Fire damage, using Fireball, Ignite and Fire Spray. To reduce damage dealt, bring along the following: A shield that blocks well both Physical/Fire damage, such as the Large Brushwood Shield , Tower Shield , or Purple Flame Shield. Use gear which has high Fire resistance, including the Ring of Flame Resistance , Armor Sets including Brushwood Armor, Ancient King's Armor (Male only), or Binded Cross (Female only). The Dragon Bone Smasher also has Fire resistance properties when upgraded. Other options include the Water Veil , or Anti Magic Field which will disable his casting abilities for 60 seconds.
Black Phantom Scirvir will cast Regeneration when he sees you, but you can interrupt this with the Thief's Ring. When you approach him, back-stab him before he can cast Regeneration. Your next goal is to drain his Magic points. Start by luring Scirvir away from his idle spot in the back. Since dodging is a key component of this fight, this area is not exactly sufficient for doing so. Once Scirvir is out in a more open spot you should dodge his magic more effectively. Move side to side, but be cautious of changing directions just as he casts. His Fireball deal a lot of damage, and drain a lot of stamina when trying to block them. Using gear/items with high Fire resistance and high Vitality , you should be able to endure one unblocked shot, and maintain a decent blocking capacity. His Fire Spray deals less damage, traveling both faster and casts quicker than his Fireball. Continue to strafe, moving side to side. Use your surroundings to your advantage. There is a wooden post to the right of his location that should be helpful when trying to heal. Continue dodging Scirvir until he's out of Magic points; always be cautious, he may still have some points left to cast Fire Spray. Scirvir always resorts to full melee when he's out of Magic points. Things get easier once he's depleted his Magic points. Block and counter Scirvir when he staggers. Blocking is important, as he hits hard with his sword. Using a more powerful weapon capable of Knockdown may speed up the process. Continue until dead.
Meat Cleaver Strategy
Equip Meat Cleaver in your right hand. In your off-hand slot, equip a Talisman of God , as well as any shield that absorbs 100% Physical damage. For the most efficient movement, equip a lighter armor set, or mix and match pieces. Armor is not as important here. For spells, you'll need to use Warding. Equip Eternal Warrior's Ring in one slot, and a ring of your choosing in the other.
After landing on the platform, proceed forward towards him without hesitation. Seeing your approach, he'll most likely start casting Regeneration; to avoid the casting, proceed to knock him down. Once he's standing, block with your shield (he almost always will attack, but be cautious of his fire spell). If you're dying because of his fire spell, switch to the Large Brushwood Shield. This shield absorbs both 100% Physical/Fire damage. After blocking, he will stagger backwards; hit him with a normal swing (R1), knocking him down again. Immediately following a connected hit, switch to your Talisman of God and cast Warding. After casting the Miracle, continue with another hit. This will again knock him down. However, if your timing is off and you're hit, Warding helps protect you from certain death. Timing is a key element to this strategy. It may take some time to learn it. Being successful in Demon's Souls is as much about patience as it is about mastering the systems.
All characters can equip a Dagger. Equip an armor set with a penalty of 3 or less (see Armor Sets). Keep an eye on your stamina regeneration. Cornering Scirvir is essential here. Coincidently there is a corner just for that (to the right, at the end of the cave). Once cornered, he will either swing at you or attempt to heal. In either case, your Dagger can stun him before he succeeds. Depending on your stats, relevant to the Dagger, the time this strategy will take varies. It almost always works *once Scivir is cornered*.
Melee - Soul Remains
Prior to approaching Scirvir, equip your strongest weapon and the Graverobber's Ring; this will allow you to move in close and begin. Throw a Soul Remains at the wall, he will then cast a fire spell or attack it with his sword. Walk down the left of the tunnel. Now aim a Soul Remains towards the back wall. He will follow and cast/attack. Now take this chance to sneak up and hit him hard. When the combo is finished, throw another Soul Remains so he switches targets. Rinse and repeat.
Backstab - Soul Remains
Bring about 20 Soul Remains and equip the Thief's Ring or Graverobber's Ring. After landing, target him and throw Soul Remains at him. As will other enemies, he will attack the glowing remains, allowing you to approach and successfully execute 1-2 back-stabs. After the Soul Remains disappear, continue to throw more. No healing items necessary, and Soul Remains cost only 500 souls. Acquire them from Patches, the Hyena in the Nexus.
Backstab - Bow
Drop to the platform that is on the same level as Scirvir. (If you're facing his cave, it's along the left wall.) Equip the Thief's Ring or Graverobber's Ring and start firing arrows to draw him out; stop firing when he's fully outside. From there, he should turn around and head back into the cave. Rush in and back stab him just as he's reaching his idle point. Retreat back to the platform. Continue these steps until dead.
Note: When using arrows frequently, he may dodge to the side and return to his idle spot. Shoot one arrow, wait 4-5 steps and shoot another. After he turns around, sprint up and back-stab. When his health gets low enough he may resort to shooting fireballs at the back of the cave, dodging his way towards the cave opening. He will return to his idle spot; continue this tactic, saving arrows in the process. Black Phantom Scirvir
Equip your best Bow and drop onto the last platform before his location. Try staying at the far-left end of the platform, positioning yourself away from the obstructing pillar. The Thief's Ring is optional here, which will decrease his movements. Using the Clever Rat's Ring and/or the Morion Blade , helps to speed up the process. Launch a few arrows until he gets close enough and then stop until he starts falling back to his original position. If you see him cast Regeneration , start launching arrows so that you can stun him or he will heal. Continue until he is dead.
If he gets within lock-on range, he's easier to hit and will not roll in lock-on range. Note that if you are on the left of the planks, facing the cave, and he is at the end of the platform just below (the closest he can get to you), locking on and attacking you with his fire spell is possible. To avoid this, fall back slightly; just enough so that you can lock-on, but he cannot. Kunai Strategy (Poison)
Buy 5-10 Kunai from the Blige in 4-1 or 4-2. Cast Cloak , proceed to targeting range of Scirvir and hit him with a few Kunai until poisoned. Direct damage will display, as will a sound effect within the game. This is your confirmation that he's been poisoned. Run and hide without leaving the platform and wait for him to die.
Poison Cloud/Death Cloud
Another easy strategy is to use either Poison Cloud/Death Cloud spell on him. With the Thief's Ring equipped (or the Graverobber's Ring , if he's a Black Phantom), walk toward him until you are just inside lock-on range. You should be able to cast your spells without drawing his attention. However, if you're fighting BP Scirvir and you want to raise your Character Tendency then you must finish him off with a direct attack of melee or magic.
The following is required: Soulsucker, Graverobber's Ring, below 50% equip burden (remove armor if needed). Get to the landing that you can find Scirvir on. Now, make sure your Wooden Catalyst or Silver Catalyst is equipped; when ready sprint towards him until you're in range and let Soulsucker do the rest. He will try to cast a spell giving you enough time to cast successfully. There you go, both an easy kill and double the souls.
Once he has fallen and you acquire his souls, just load profile, revisit, or make your way down to the bottom to claim the Talisman of Beasts.
Sometimes he survives, landing on a lower ledge. Reload profile and he will be back at his idle spot.
Note: Killing Black Phantom Scirvir with a fatal fall does not change your Character Tendency.
Drop down and lure him towards the edge. Scirvir rolls when pressured, similar to Satsuki , so pressuring him with melee will often result in him rolling over the edge. Alternatively, lure him out and then drop onto the platform to the right of his cave. If you stand just right, you can put the wooden posts between you and his fire, and he'll eventually run out of Magic points. You can't get back up, but once Scirvir switches to melee mode he occasionally rolls, and this close to the edge he may go right off.
This strategy will require you to equip an extra large weapon with knockdown, such as the Great Axe, Meat Cleaver or Storm Ruler. To start, run straight through the tunnel and down to his location using the shortcut. When you drop down, cast Anti Magic Field (for those that can). Slowly lure him towards the edge. Run towards him, and position yourself away from the cliff facing it. You want him to be between you and the cliff's edge. If you have Anti-Magic Field, his casting abilities will be disabled for 60 seconds following the casting. This gives you a chance to hit him with R1, knocking him down and sliding him backwards. Continue to hit with R1, which eventually pushes him off the cliff. This method should only take 3-4 hits to succeed.
All dialogue text is © Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- First encounter (Pure White World Tendency)
- You nearly frightened me to death! Creeping up on me like that…
- My name is Scirvir. I seek treasures of the unknown. I'm impressed you've come this far.
- Were you guided by a sixth sense? Or a brash imprudence? Either way, you've more skill than I.
- Let us put that skill to work?
- There is a temple beyond here, below the ground.
- It is a work of art, molded by the ancient burrowers to appease the bones of dragons.
- As a precaution, a broad sword which can crush bone and slay dragon is stored in the temple.
- Truth told, it is the laughing stock of many a swordsmith. They say it's as blunt as a bludgeon.
- A dull blade made to slay a dragon… Curious, is it not?
- I would search for it myself, but I'm afraid I'd fare poorly against the Demons.
- If you happen to come upon the sword, please let me have a look at it.
- This place is magnificent, eh? The bones of dragons excuding ore… A dream come true!
- Hmm, no luck finding it, eh? Perhaps it's not there after all.
- Or, it could have been melted in the lava. 'Tis a pity.
- Second encounter (with Dragon Bone Smasher)
- Oh, you… Demons? Sorry, friend, I have no interest.
- I love Boletaria for what she is. A place of odd wonders.
- Strange faces… wielding strange trinkets… hiding in strange places.
- I'm beginning to think Boletaria is better off now than it used to be.
- Hah hah, don't tell anyone I said that! I could get myself into bother if I'm not careful.
- (not wielding Dragon Bone Smasher)
- Hey, thats, You found it! Let me have a look!
- (wielding Dragon Bone Smasher)
- Wonderful. The arts of swordsmanship applied in a perfectly useless manner!
- Hmm… Ahh… Mm…
- Oh, do not mind me. Thank you. It was a pleasure.
- Please take this as a small show of thanks.
- Take care of that sword, will you? She's a beauty.
- When attacked
- Stop it! I'll come back to haunt you!
- Have you gone mad!? You've nothing to gain by assaulting me!
Voiced by: Jonathan Kydd