- In 2-1, the Filthy Man is located by the Archstone, just at the top of the stairs.
- In 2-2, he is located in the large open cavern, after the tunnels and the elevator. As you enter the large cavern with Patches, the Hyena and the cliff to a river of lava, turn left. At the merchant is at the bottom left of the cliff edge, near the Flying Bearbugs.
- Sells Shards of Hardstone and Sharpstone (both places)
- Sells Large Hardstone and Sharpstone Shards (2-2 only)
- Sells Shards of Clearstone and Dragonstone (2-2 only)
|Shard of Hardstone||500|
|Large Hardstone Shard||1500|
|Shard of Sharpstone||500|
|Large Sharpstone Shard||1500|
|Shard of Clearstone||3000|
|Shard of Greystone||3000||NG+ only; unavailable on PBWT|
|Shard of Dragonstone||3000|
Enemy ID and Stats
The information below reflects the game's hard programmed values for enemy stats and values. However, these values don't always align precisely with values seen in game. This is due to Special Effect Multipliers (similar to NPCs) and World Tendency Multipliers.
All dialogue text is © Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- First encounter (2-1)
- Heh heh heh, Hello there! Souls, souls! I trade fine goods for souls!
- Our little town? Well, heh heh… It's a nice wee place.
- All those lizard-eyed townsfolk are busy tinkering with stone, and don't bother with old men like meself.
- Makes life rather easy for me. I can get away with anything! Heh heh heh heh.
- Thank you, Lord, for this golden opportunity! Heh heh heh.
- Have you heard about that sparkling lizard?
- He's not easy to catch, but he's got some fine stones.
- And I know where his nest is!
- Oh, I'm sorry, I can't give it away! Heh heh heh heh!
- Second encounter (2-2)
- Heh heh heh, remember me? I've got plenty o' wares, so bring me plenty o' souls!
- Heh heh heh, have you heard?
- Deep below this mine, there's a dragon shrine filled with dragon bones. Well, according to little Scirvir, anyway.
- I'm not about to go and find out. Those bearbugs scare the living daylights out of me!
- When approaching again
- Heh heh heh, hello. Here to make a deal?
- Leaving without buying
- Yer want to play, well, you've got to pay. Don't you agree?
- Heh heh heh… Well all right then. Come back when you actually need sometihing!
- Leaving after buying
- Heh heh, hello there. Bless yer souls!
- Leaving abruptly and returning
- Where're yer running off to?
- Heh heh heh, stop with yer messing!
- When attacked
- What do you think you are doin?
- You can't get around me easy, so watch yourself!